Sunday, September 21, 2008

What's Your Real Age?

Question: This morning, did you say DAMN I LOOK GOOD TODAY? Do you remember to say it everyday? I really hope so because
1. It's true
2. The more you say it the better you're going to feel about you.

So now that you're starting to change the way you think about yourself, let's talk about health. OBVIOUSLY I'm not qualified to give health advice, but I've found a website that gives good advice on general health and nutrition topics. It's called RealAge.com, and it's run by Oprah's Doctors Roizen & Oz. You may or may not be an Oprah fan, but don't let that influence you. These guys are real MD's, who are educated and very knowledgably. The site has a ton of information, guides and tests, and it's ALL FREE. To me that says
Drs R & O are devoted to helping people become and stay healthy.

The main feature on the site is the "Real Age Test." It's kind of long, but once completed you'll know your "Real Age" based on your health issues and habits. I'll be 48 in December but my "Real Age" is 43.5 woo hoo!!

To get started click here for your Real Age.

Then follow these steps.
1. Click on the big orange button that says "TAKE THE REAL AGE TEST"

2. Enter your email address. They only send you emails if you tell them it's OK. It's one of the questions. If you don't want emails, be sure to mark 'NO'

3. Enter a password. If this is your first time just make one up, but write it down and remember it for later.

4. Take the test. Like I said it's long, but worth it.

OK, so now you're done and maybe it's not good news...DON'T PANIC!!! It's going to be OK!! Remember one of our goals is to take better care of ourselves!! The reason I'm suggesting REALAGE.COM is so we can be, healthier, which will help us become happier women!!!

What's great about this site is that a wellness plan is formulated based on your test answers. So it's is tailored to fit you. Your plan will explain what you are doing right and wrong. It also gives you suggestions on how to make improvements. Another feature is that days, weeks or months from now you can come back and retake the test to see how you've improved. Or, if needed, you can update areas that you were uncertain of the first time around. Be sure to use the same login/password and the site will remember all your previous answers!

Also available on REALAGE.COM is:
- Advice on a ton of different health issues & topics.
- Great recipies
- 65 health tests & tools. i.e. Nutrition test, Skin Care Assessment and PMS Quiz.
- Videos
- Puzzle/Game section to promote healthy brainpower!!

I really hope that you are able to take advantage of what they have to offer, because even though you are already DAMN GOOD LOOKING, I want you to also be healthy and happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I took the Age test and was 5 years younger than my actual calendar age. I could have done better, but flew through the questions. I didn't have my parents birthday's handy and was to lazy to go in the kitchen to see what was in my vitamins. I also didn't know my blood pressure off-hand (the 2 numbers) even though I do check it out every week at Dominick's when I grocery shop. I also don't think I answered some questions right when it talked about working out and the health club. I usually do a stepper, a bike and a ski machine. But, the results came back that I should spend more time on my muscle-training. I would be at the gym for 4 hours then, if that's what they wanted. I enjoyed taking the test very much...the biggest thing I learned (that they suggested) was that I need to spend more quality time with family and friends. Like gosh, gee - - I didn't already know that!?!?! LOL! When you more or less have 3 jobs and have to work one of them 40 hours a week and then you do jewelry on top of that and squeeze in Seriesse...I guess it doesn't leave enough social and play time. I can barely get my garden watered and the laundry done during the weeknights. I better be more aware of that, though. Thanks, Mary Ann!!! It's a very cool test!

Mary Ann said...

5 years younger is a great Real Age! What's cool is that months from now you can retake the test and the website will remember all your previous answers. You can make changes or fill in the things you missed the first time.
It's no surprise that you need to work on relieving stress. You are always on the go!! It's mind boggling what you accomplish in just one day!!! Even though it's not news to you it's good to get a reminder.
There are a lot of other test that you can take. Every answer will have an affect on your Real Age. I recommend only taking a couple that really interest you. Otherwise You get so much advice that it becomes overwhelming
I'm go glad that found some value in the test. Thanks for sharing your experience!!