Monday, February 9, 2009

What a Wonderful Weekend.

Hello Ladies!!

DAMN YOU LOOK GOOD TODAY....AND EVERY DAY!!! Maybe we should change DYLGT to DYLGTAED, because IT'S SOOOO TRUE!! But I digress!

We (Chicagoland) had a really great weekend. The temps were in the high 40's - low 50's. The sun & temps had a big effect on No. Illinois residents. People came out of their homes with smiles. Instead of parkas folks wore jackets and not one scarf was to be seen!!!!

Maybe you can help me identify something I saw this weekend. Driving, in a relatively rural area (few buildings), I saw this strange "stuff" running along the curb. It was brown-green, furry and everywhere...I'm perplexed! OK, someone told me that it was GRASS!!! As in the lawn type...NOT the kind one might smoke!!! HA! Considering that we haven't see the ground here since the last week of December I'm skeptical. What do you think? :-) We will probably have more snow before spring officially arrives, but these past few days left a promise that spring is coming. A friend in Japan (Uchikawa-san) sent me this cherry blossom photo taken 2/2/09. Apparently spring came early in Japan. Let's hope that we follow suit!!




Yesterday I saw "He's Just Not That Into You." It's a very cute movie, that I highly recommend it to all fans of romantic comedies. Even though the movie is light and, in the end, hopeful (like the promise of spring) it does highlight one unfortunate but real aspect about relationships, and that is how desperate some women (& men) are to find "the one." The movie is loosely based on the book's theme, and both are aimed mostly at women. I have not read the book, but I've learned, from others, that it's lesson is about self respect. If someone is totally into you, you'll know it because they will treat you with the respect you deserve. Anything less and I'm afraid "He's Just Not That Into You." In other words you deserve better so get over it and move on. I think every single/dating woman should read this book. (I intend to)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mary Ann-
That is a gorgeous photo! We've sure been tempted early with spring this year and it makes me think of my Weeping Cherry Tree that i will have to look forward to in several weeks. And, the bulbs and the lilac bush..Will it bloom flowers this year?!?!? ha ha. Only had the thing for 6 years and all we ever get is leaves. This has to be the year!!! But, historically...I think if we can make it to Valentine's Day, the rest is a piece of cake...at least, we shouldn't have any blizzards. Very nice, uplifting post!

Mary Ann said...

Hey Ken!!!
Thanks for the nice words!!
I have to ask about your lilac bush. Are you pruning or cutting back in any way? If yes, then that's your problem. Next year's flowers form during and after the flowering period. If you cut back a limb, you are basically cutting off next years flowers. There's lots of info on the web. Try
http://www.humeseeds.com/eflilac.htm
Thanks again!!!